BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Daniel Carlson of the Auburn football team and Natasha Lloyd of the Tiger swimming & diving team have been nominated for the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship by Auburn University.
The H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship has been presented by the Southeastern Conference since 1986 to the league's top male and female scholar-athletes.
The Southeastern Conference will name the 2018 recipients of the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship on April 26.
Highlights of Auburn's nominees include:
DANIEL CARLSON, Football, Auburn
Major: Finance (undergrad); Business Administration (graduate)
- Graduated with bachelor's degree in finance in August, 2016 (GPA: 3.66)
- Scheduled to graduate with MBA in May, 2018 (taking final course this semester; current GPA: 3.75)
- 2017 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team, SEC Community Service Team, Wuerffel Trophy semifinalist
- Pop Warner and Senior CLASS Award finalist
- National Football Foundation Campbell Trophy semifinalist
- Holds SEC all-time career scoring record with 480; second most by any NCAA kicker
- Holds SEC consecutive PAT record with 198 and career field goal record with 92
- Holds Auburn all-time career scoring record with 480 • Holds 14 Auburn kicking/scoring records
- NCAA record seven career games with four or more field goals made
- First-ever three-time Lou Groza Award finalist, 2015, 2016, 2017
- First team All-America (Walter Camp, AFCA, CBS, PFF)
- Second team CoSIDA Academic All-America
- First-ever two-time SEC Special Teams Player of the Year
- Three-year first team All-SEC
NATASHA LLOYD, Swimming & Diving, Auburn
Major: Conservation and Biodiversity
- Phi Kappa Phi National Academic Honors Society, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- CSCAA Scholar All-American, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- College of Science and Mathematics Dean's List, Spring 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015
- College of Science and Mathematics Outstanding International Student Award, 2017
- SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17
- Golden Key International Honor Society, Every semester from Fall 2014 to Fall 2017
- Stanley Louis Sugar Memorial Scholar Award, 2015; awarded to the athlete with the highest GPA on the Auburn Men and Women's Swimming and Diving Team.
- Phi Sigma Pi, Invited Fall 2016 and Fall 2017
- Chi Alpha Sigma National College Athlete Honor Society, Spring 2016- Present
- Gamma Beta Phi Society, Invited 2016 and 2017 (currently a member)
- Auburn Top Tiger, 2015, 2016, 2017
- National Society of Leadership and Success; Sigma Alpha Pi, 2017
- Society for Collegiate Leadership and Achievement
- 2017 SEC Community Service Team Selection
- Two-time All-American
- No. 4 in Auburn history in 100 breaststroke; Owned three of top 20 performances in school history when she finished eligibility
- No. 3 in Auburn history in the 200 breaststroke; Owned four of top 25 performances in school history when she finished eligibility
Each year, the SEC, in conjunction with AT&T, an SEC official sponsor, provides the league's male and female McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship recipients with a $20,000 post-graduate scholarship. The 26 remaining male and female finalists for the award will also receive a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.
The award recipients are chosen by a committee of Faculty Athletics Representatives from the 14 SEC institutions and are honored at the SEC Spring Meetings in Sandestin, Fla., in early June.
Last year's McWhorter Award recipients were University of Alabama swimmer Anton McKee and Texas A&M University swimmer Sarah Gibson.